church shopping with betty butterfield

yes, i am well aware that the carnival can be a little intense at times!  so i promise, no bomb dropping today, just a little fun from betty butterfield.  we used this clip last year when the refuge facilitated a workshop called the walking wounded for those who were somehow someway hurt by “the church.”  (this link is from the 2007 event but gives you an idea of what we did).  it was a really cool morning and i think healing & fun for those that were there.  we’re thinking about maybe doing it again?

once in a while i watch this clip just to laugh. it’s not for everyone, but betty cracks me up…here’s to reliable casserole delivery!

• I, too, want to just get my healing and go on home. This one always makes me laugh til I cry!

• The book of Phillipines,huh? Nice. Oh, Betty, I get you!! Here’s to the walking wounded. 🙁

• That is so wrong on so many different levels that makes it one of the best things I have heard in a long time. I did not realize that they wrote a book about the 10 years we spent in the Philippians.
    Thank you for sharing this, it gives me hope that there is a perfect church out there, can I sign up to be served by the casserole ministry.
    Peace,
    John

• Is that Dom Delouise? Ha!

Never seen that one before.

“I learned real quick to keep my mouth shut in a home church.”

Wow!

“I can’t even hold a cigarette!”

Ha!

Reminds me of the scene in Lars when the ladies come over to visit, and bring casseroles. Betty would dig those ladies . . .

Brian

• hahahahaaaa!!!! i watched it four times! 🙂

thanks for posting this…sure needed a good laugh!

if i can figure it out, maybe i will “borrow” this video to post on my blog. 😉

• You’re a sick puppy, woman! (And so am I since I loved this!) Made me laugh out loud at the end where she says she doesn’t want to have to give her address because she doesn’t want any “foller up.” Amen, sister Betty, amen!

• This video is hilarious! I especially enjoyed “book of the phillipines”, and “I just wanna go on out to the parking lot and smoke my cigarette” and “I been in hotel room with a gun to my head so many times…only thing that kept me goin’ was the gideon bible. I wish they’d write it in simple english”! Hey…how ’bout you rename “The Refuge” “The Casserole Ministry”. I don’t know if all the wounded would show up, but the hungry should would, LOL:)

• Oh man… At this point I have thankfully not been called to Betty.