mixing it up: say yes.

i’m kind of melancholy & raw these days, in a good way.  re-thinking a lot, waiting, listening, trying to notice some things God is probably saying that i keep trying to juke & jive my way out of, fairly unsuccessfully.   anyway, i thought i’d mix it up a bit and share this andrea gibson poetry slam piece i watched today from jen lemen’s blog. i rarely take the time to watch these kinds of links, but once in a while i am drawn in & end up clicking “play”.  i’m glad i did.

i love this kind of passion, strength, depth. it’s probably a love it or hate it kind of piece & not everyone’s cup of tea, but for those of you who like powerful pot-stirring, enjoy.

• Did she say “shit”?!

Christians don’t say shit . . .

😉

This? Incredible! Thanks for having the courage to share it . . .

• wow..thanks for sharing…don’t you think the most fabulous things come out of these melancholy and introspective times?

• Took my breath away. I need to watch it every morning, until it really sinks in to my soul.

• say yes to that still small quiet voice but scream out you response!

• Kathy – Somehow this kind of raw creativity, energy, emotion. and inspiration always gets me. Okay, there are tears in my eyes. Thanks!

• Thanks. I sent you a very short email. I have got smacked around a little today and am feeling a little overwhelmed with some of the poverty issues hitting our community and messages from community folks in our inbox.

However, as I look at my life, I feel that I need to do more. I look at the small home we are in and the pennies in the bank account BUT we have stuff we can give.

The porch light segment is the one that is kicking my butt. We have some decisions to make tonight

• brian – if that’s a measure, i am in big trouble! i am glad you liked it! i thought it was amazing too!

myrawexperiment – yes, it is so true.

lori – nice to hear from you here! i thought the same thing. ps: i was down at js today but you weren’t there, missed seeing you!

keith – 🙂

glenn – it always gets me too. always great to hear from you here!

jeff – wow, big stuff. thinking of your fam as you keep journeying in hard places with people…

• Damn…0ops Christian’s are supposed to say that word and so many other’s… That spoke to my heart I’m probably going to listen to several times today as I’m home sick this is the third day. That just inspired to begin tuning my poetry instrument as I do a little of my own. Lets see.. Preacher your empty diatribe is a bore, your dogma leaves people spiritually poor sir what I want to know is would you lay your life down for some one who as nothing to give you in return or for a whore… Ya that’s a start.

By the way Kathy I think you would really relate to what I wrote in my blog last week. I’d love to read your comments. And those of any others.

In Brotherly Love,
    Tom Wilson

• OK…that gave me goosebumps!! Thanks for posting it…I usually don’t click on those either but since it was you I had to!!

• tom – love your words (and that picture too). hope you are feeling better soon!

katherine – yeah, i am with you, sometimes our yes is a yes to good, right, noble, true and that means a no to what we (and other people) were used to saying yes to..

donna – i thought you’d like it 🙂