oh happy day!

oh happy daywell, i made it over to a new blog platform, hooray!

all of my posts & comments got here safely and i am relieved.  one thing is very clear:  i am a people person, not a computer person. it has been a huge, annoying project, and there are still some loose ends to tie up on links, etc., but at least the hard part is done.

i hope to get back in the groove with some new posts & interviews that have been swirling around in my head soon.  if you haven’t already, i’d love it if you’d go over to the facebook page, too, and “like” it.

also, in the process of re-organizing things here i found a list of a bunch of posts that i wrote for communitas collective that aren’t on this blog but were only posted over there.  i’m not sure what i’ll do with them, but if you’re bored this weekend and want to read instead of kill time on facebook or clean your house, i thought i’d post them here:

• we have a dream
  • dreams are a lot prettier when they’re just dreams
  • the beginning of flesh and bones
  • wait, or jump…or jump, or wait
  • letting go is hard to do
  • “well, i’m here”
  • just good people living out what they love
  • forging ahead doesn’t mean forgetting what’s behind
  • smashing down high places
  • a doubter’s prayer
  • to for and with
  • let love be born in this place again
  • an advent confession
  • a field trip suggestion
  • a journey toward an undivided life
  • it’s about the people, people
  • questions for the now
  • a place to practice
  • romance vs. reality
  • i love people
  • creating messes

have a great weekend. (jose & i are going to see u2 & the fray, yeah!)

• Seriously, this format is so ridiculously beautiful, inviting, and plain incredible. SO YOU, and I am thrilled that it represents you so well!!!

• thanks, jeremy, for the code, too. i look forward to seeing you in a few weeks, yeah!

• Love the look of your new home! Been thinking of re-vamping my blog but I am even more tech challenged than you. Did you have someone help you with the design and set up? It looks like it was worth the pain.

• thanks, wendy. it was a big project. email me if you want any details & glad to tell you my process, i had to switch some weird domain hosting stuff that made it more annoying. i did the template stuff on my own but i’ve been using wordpress.com stuff for a while so i sort of had just enough knowledge to be dangerous.

• glad everything transferred over. love the new site. you rock sweetie!!!!!

• thanks, eating this down we go elephant one bite at a time, ha ha.

• I love it. Very easy to navigate and find little treasures of blogs and posts. Glad it’s done and up. Can’t wait to read some of the posts you just added.

• Wow- it looks great Kathy! So glad everything transferred the way you wanted it to. Hope you are having a great weekend!! I’m jealous that you get to go hear U2 tonight!!!

• thanks, patty, yes, i feel so relieved, everything made it over, hooray. it was an amazing concert, the best i’ve ever been to. see you thursday, then ‘school’s out for summer”, yeah.

• Sorry … am I the only one for whom the blog isn’t coming up correctly? I see a partial rectangle, and it’s truncating words … the first ones I see are “ig platform, hooray!” …

• uh oh, i have no idea. it seems like it’s working for everyone else, this is the first i’ve heard. let me know if you are still having problems. maybe it’s a browser thing or ? i’d love to know if it works so i can see if something’s wacky on my end that i don’t know about.

• Sorry! It looks like the words are coming across a frame rather than around the thumbnail art? I’m sorry … I really don’t know … I guess I’m glad I’m the only one with problems 🙂

• Anybody who’s high-tech who can help me out? The thumbnail doesn’t appear for me, except as a frame which the words are coming across. The frame for the thumbnail cuts off some of the words. When I go to any of the communitas collective content, the thumbnails appear. I love Kathy’s blog, and would love to get this fixed!

• mar, i am so sorry this is a pain and i am so lame on this kind of stuff, but i do see what is happening for you when i am on internet explorer. i have a message in to the support people to see what might be possible to fix it. meanwhile, i don’t know if you have another browser but maybe try that to see if it helps. in safari, firefox, it’s just fine. if any of you reading know how to fix it, please let me know! argh. thanks for your patience.

• okay mar, i think it might be fixed. let me know. when i use internet explorer now, i can see the pix just fine. i’ll be so relieved if it’s good on your end.