Faith Shift: Finding Your Way Forward When Everything You Believe is Coming Apart
(Convergent Books, 2014) Hope for spiritual refugees, church burnouts and freedom seekers, Faith Shift gives language to what many experience as their faith evolves. With an inviting blend of vulnerability and hope, it addresses the losses that come with spiritual shifts and offers tangible practices for rebuilding a free and authentic faith after it unravels. Includes personal reflection and group discussion questions at the end of each chapter.
Down We Go: Living into the Wild Ways of Jesus
(Civitas Press, 2011) Inspiration and challenge for ecclesial dreamers, church burn-outs, missional practitioners, and ordinary people who want to live the ways of Jesus in practice. Includes questions at the end of each chapter for personal and group discussion and is great for faith communities desiring change.
Refresh: Sharing Stories, Building Faith
(New Hope, 2007) An interactive Bible study and spiritual direction for women in a magazine format. Each chapter explores real women’s struggles related to self-image, fear, relationships, depression, etc. and is good for women’s bible studies or small groups.
Books I've contributed to
- Letters to a Future Church: Words of Encouragement and Prophetic Appeals (edited by Chris Lewis, InterVarsity Press, 2012) – each chapter is written by a different leader across ages and experiences with a prophetic call to the church.
- The Practice of Love (edited by Jonathan Brink, Civitas Press, 2011) - a collaborative project includes men and women writing on the practice of loving God, others, ourselves, and our enemies.
- Banned Questions About the Bible (Christian Piatt, Chalice Press, 2011) - includes a wide range of difficult questions about the Bible with responses from a diverse group of pastors and leaders.
- Taking Flight: Restoring the Female Half of God’s Image Through Advocacy and Renewal (Edited by Cynthia LaGrou and Caleb Seeing, Samizdet, 2010) - a collection of male and female voices centered on living in more balanced and healthy relationship with each other in leadership and life.
- Simple Church: Unity Through Diversity (edited by Eric Carpenter, Redeeming Press, 2014) – 24 different perspectives on possibilities for living out “church.”